Morris County Hospital Standard Charges
To improve price transparency, all U.S. hospitals and health systems are required to provide lists of standard hospital charges ― also called a chargemaster ― so patients can compare prices across hospitals. Here are a few considerations to keep in mind as you view the list of standard charges (chargemaster).
- These charges are rarely the price that patients pay. The chargemaster lists the dollar amount set for each service prior to insurance contract/benefit plan discounts or self-pay discounts being applied, so the price patients pay tends to be less than the standard charge.
- Hospital charges differ from patient to patient for the same service depending upon variations in treatment.
- Patients who are eligible for financial assistance also receive additional discounts.
- Items included in a charge vary across hospital systems. For example, what’s included in one hospital’s charge for room and board may differ from another hospital’s charge ― some hospitals bundle services together into a single charge that others may list separately.
- Looking at various hospital charges does not provide any indication of quality of service and outcomes.
For the most accurate estimate of the cost of care, patients can contact Morris County Hospital at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 620-767-6811 for assistance in understanding the charges and related costs for a procedure or visit.
Kevin Leeper, CEO 620-767-6811. Extension 146
Ron Christenson, CFO 620-767-6811, Extension 120